Tuesday, July 26, 2005

All the doubts were someone else's point of view.

So I've been Nightsawake AWOL for a while. Thought I'd break my silence (with a brick of self-control? heh.) and post. A poem I wrote a short while ago:

Swing. Shift.

They smiled from conflict and
lessening hope
until the day that
the monuments they'd built began to fall apart
All the tiny pieces yearned to be free
and shifted.
The boy and girl quickened their paces
fast-stepping to set down their loads and re-assemble
(if pieces are lost, they're gone for good)
She took matters into her own hands
He let the chips fall where they may
I stood, helpless bystander
wholly unsure
I held nothing
No small pieces building a ruin
I run for nothing
I am the cosmic wait-ress
Shifting only from one foot to the other
Pencil poised
to fill an order of amour
at the sad cafe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Armitage said...

*orders another piece of pie to go and leaves a big tip*

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home