Friday, February 17, 2006

it's not that i like nicotine,
or that i think it's cool,
or that i need something to fidget with.
i detest smoking for all these reasons and more.
it causes terrible illness.
it causes a horrible addiction.
it causes you to smell and taste terrible.

It's just that sometimes...
i get so conflicted inside,
so fraught with my own problems,
it feels like if i don't

eat fire
or
drink lava
or
breathe smoke

i just might lay some waste, and sow the fields with salt.
What can i say?

3 Comments:

Blogger badlovemojo said...

"If I went and had a smoke
maybe it could burn
all traces of doubt from me..."

I understands.
And: If you need to talk, I'm here (a nine time zones away sort of here, but isn't that what the internet is for? Making the world seem smaller?)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Brian Armitage said...

Fire comes in different varieties. An angel carries to your lips a coal that cleanses. A thirsty lake awaits the damned. Or a strange tongue descends from Heaven, and brings a Counselor.

Talk to me, too, if you need.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Third said...

Seriously.
Fire: The Biblical Cleanser!
Now with Real Lemon Scent!


sometimes, i think it's just the urge to have something burning that close to my face.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home